Our main focus is to re-work by-products and environmental waste into re-usable raw materials or saleable products. We specialise in briquetting/pelletizing/extrusion of manganese, chrome, iron and coal fines. With time we have developed waterproof, high temperature binders for various applications. We have designed our own briquetting and jigging plants and can operate these plants on a toll fee basis. We cast our own briquette segments using Cr/Mo alloy.
Our safety management systems and operation is of a high standard and conform to all ISO standards. Picko currently has approximately 100 personnel with a turnover of 5-7 million/month. Picko was rated a Level 4 BBBEE company, 2014
We stay committed to finding complete long-term solutions.
- Building long term trust relationships with clients
- Continuous quality improvement
- Do not walk away from problems
- BHPBilliton Metalloys site. Producing briquettes from by-products, reducing long-term environmental risk.
- BHPBilliton Metalloys site scrubber thickener operation.
- Briquetting Operation at Transalloys site (Emalahleni). Ore replacement and reduction of environmental risks.
- Briquetting Operation at Assmang Cato Ridge works. Ore replacement and reduction of environmental risks.
- Operation of jigging plant at Transalloys site.
- Treatment of bore hole water.
- Treatment of sewage water.
- Research on agglomeration and binders at own laboratory in Vereeniging.
- Designing and managing plants for briquetting/pelletizing and jigging operations.
- Picko has started a dedicated project team at the end of 2014.
- Ferrosilicon briquettes from fine by-products.
- Manganese/Chrome/Iron ore/alloy/slag briquettes.
- Binder testing.